The Happy Turtle's Journey to the Start: An Ironman Tale

For those of you that believe that you have to be sleek, slim, cut and fast to be an Ironman, think again! Some of our bodies just don’t fit that mold but we have the guts to set our intention, make a plan and see it to the end. In my heart, I believe that turtles CAN fly! The turtle society is not just challenged by fitness, but by the time limits imposed by race companies insisting we keep up with the status quo so they can get to the bars before last call. Well, I suppose there has to be a cut off or us turtles might be out there for days enjoying the sun on our backs. Some stare at the turtles on the course wondering why it even embarks on such a journey and what purpose it has. It is old, weathered, wrinkled, and slow no matter how you twist it. I just know that you can train a turtle and the turtle might teach you a thing or two along the way. We are old and wise and we have a shell that cannot be broken. We want a taste of victory just like our other friends. I cannot find another creature that I am most like. Join me on my journey from start to end to help the Happy Turtle win again!

Saturday, May 31, 2014

VISION BOARD

MY VISION: Celebrating 50 Years

Photo: The Vision Board is complete.....I am always behind my friends, but I got the job done.

This week I hosted a Vision Board Party to help my fellow triathletes and myself focus on preparation for our upcoming races.  It was hard to find enough space on a board to fit all my motivational thoughts and mantras.  Here are a few more that did not make the board.  When you hit a rough patch during training or your race, one word can go a long way to get your head back in the game.
 
ALL ABOARD

50th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

DIG DEEP

IMAGINE

BELIEVE

ACHIEVE

CELEBRATE

FOCUS
FOCUS

I THINK I CAN
I THINK I CAN
I THINK I CAN

PAIN=GAIN

STAY THE COURSE

LOOK AROUND

SMELL THE ROSES

SEIZE THE MILE

SMILES AND MILES

THE IRONMAN CAN
Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew
Cover it with bonk bars and a bottle of Gu
The Ironman can, oh the Ironman can
The Ironman can 'cause he mixes it with sweat and makes the world taste good

SUMMER TRAINING CAMP; ALL ABOARD
ENGINE ENGINE  NO 140.6
TRAIN STOPS:  Arizona, Colorado, California, Nevada, Tennesse
BOULDER 70.3; JUNE LAKE OLYMPIC; MOUNTAIN MAN LONG COURSE
IRONMAN CHATTANOOGA140.6

TRI HIGH!
TRI LIFE
TRILIGHTS 
 PARTY ON!
CELEBRATE!
50 STRONG
 
REMEMBER YOU CAN

LIFE IS GOOD!
YOU KNOW YOU COULD!
FLY TURTLE FLY
GO UP TO THE SKY!

SHOW THEM WHAT YOU'VE GOT
YOU HAVE A HARD SHELL
NEVER GIVE UP!
KEEP TRI-ING!

DON'T STOP UNTIL YOU ARE DONE!

FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

GIVE YOURSELF THE GIFT OF TRI!

THIS is the REAL DEAL.

Dreams do come true if you do them when you wake up!

A vision is what you imagine.
An act is what you do.
See what you do
Do what you see.


No comments:

Post a Comment