The Happy Turtle's Journey to the Start: An Ironman Tale

For those of you that believe that you have to be sleek, slim, cut and fast to be an Ironman, think again! Some of our bodies just don’t fit that mold but we have the guts to set our intention, make a plan and see it to the end. In my heart, I believe that turtles CAN fly! The turtle society is not just challenged by fitness, but by the time limits imposed by race companies insisting we keep up with the status quo so they can get to the bars before last call. Well, I suppose there has to be a cut off or us turtles might be out there for days enjoying the sun on our backs. Some stare at the turtles on the course wondering why it even embarks on such a journey and what purpose it has. It is old, weathered, wrinkled, and slow no matter how you twist it. I just know that you can train a turtle and the turtle might teach you a thing or two along the way. We are old and wise and we have a shell that cannot be broken. We want a taste of victory just like our other friends. I cannot find another creature that I am most like. Join me on my journey from start to end to help the Happy Turtle win again!

Saturday, September 28, 2013

REBOOT

One year from today is another opportunity to find greatness within.  Today I proclaimed that I felt like being an Ironman was like being crowned Miss America.  You hold your title for a year and it abruptly comes to an end as someone else steps into your running shoes as that day becomes their turn at the title.  During your reign, you have a responsibility to inspire others by sharing your journey, wisdom and strength.  As time passes, and your fitness level dwindles further and further away from the day you tasted victory, the memories fade and you no longer feel invisible or worthy of your title despite the blood, sweat and tears you shed to win.  So, you sign up again to try to find greatness for a second time.  All the doubts that were once there on that first pilgrimage return and you have to go through the process again for another taste of victory.  There are no short cuts to the finish line.

Let the games begin.  There will be the ups and downs on this winding road and the self doubt and questioning of one's own sanity will haunt you for the next 365 days questioning the state of mind you were in when you clicked the REGISTER NOW button on active.com.

This faulty computer of mine needs to be restarted.  When I went to bed last night, I told myself I was DONE being sick and no matter what, it was time to REBOOT.  Sometimes when you can't fix the problems that you are faced with, you just have to turn the power button ON and OFF and reboot to clear out the bad and start with a fresh screen.

Ironman Chattanooga 2014,  HERE I COME.......CHOO CHOO!!!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/nanagoat129/gifs/Picture958.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment